Signed up 1029 days ago
Wow, that actually explains my app perfectly.
I also posted on your other needgap.
How it solves focus drift:
Basically try to get things done within 1 minute, it will alert you and reward you for trying. Even if you didn't get it done that minute you can try the next minute, and the next, etc.
You can also set the interval timer to 5, 10, and 20 minutes.
It addresses the problem that our attention spans are short.
- You can also make commitments (loss aversion) where if you don't use it for 20 minutes right now you will lose a cute animal that you collected from using the timer.
Hi, I recently launched an app that might help. It involves a repeating interval timer where you try to get a task done in a short amount of time.
- you can have task streaks, add quick tasks, unlock items and collect cute animals.
- you can set the interval timer to 1, 5, 10, or 20 minutes.
- Play for 20 consecutive minutes (at any time interval) to get the most rewards.
- Have different themes to motivate you.
I talk about it more in this post:
If more people get interested I would continually add items, animals and a special adventure mode.